Monday, November 21, 2005

Those greedy bastards

I just received a phone call from my phone company saying that if I don't make a payment they are going to disconnect my phone. So of course I was confused. So this is how it went:

Me: I have not received my bill, what am I making a payment for?
Phone Co.: We bill in advance, We are calling to get the bill for billing period Nov.27 thru Dec. 27
Me:HUH!
Me: I really don't have that bill yet, being that today is Nov. 21.
Phone Co.: Mrs. Johnson our new bill was mailed out on Friday Nov. 18th
Me: Well that will explain why I haven't received the bill yet that was only 3 days ago and one of those days was a Sunday.
Phone Co.: You should receive the bill today in the mail, so would you like to make a payment now over the phone? You can use use Check over the phone or a credit/debit card.
Me: NO! I will call back when I get my bill.
Phone Co.: Ok and a we look forward to hearing back from you.


WTF!

1 comment:

Dr. Mike said...

Ahhh, the loving phone company! They really do care about us.

NOT!

I can't wait for the day the internet puts ma-BELL out of business. Then we can say, "I told ya so!"