Monday, December 05, 2005

Redneck Christmas

I am hosting a redneck Christmas this year at my house. I decided that I would host the family Christmas get together at my house. No big deal, have the family over, eat a nice Christmas meal, open gifts.

So I went to work yesterday and Christmas dinner was planned while I was gone, this is what I was informed we are having on the menu so far:

Ham (for sandwiches)
BBQ Pork Steaks
Olives
Hot Wings
Party Potatoes
Veggie Tray W/ Dip
Baked Beans
Bread (for the ham)
Lettuce,pickles,onions, & tomatoes (for sandwiches)

This is not Christmas dinner, this is we are having a summer BBQ get together food! I thought my brother was being bitchy the other day when he was saying that he wanted to have a nice sit down dinner on Christmas Eve. By the way Christmas Day is with my husbands family and Christmas Eve is with my family. So I talked to my mom she doesn't want to have a big meal and she doesn't want to leave her house for Christmas Eve. She refuses to leave and come to my house. I could understand if I lived an hour away, but I only live 5 min. from my mom, and now my husband informed me of what our Christmas dinner will be. Maybe I am being stupid over the food thing but I want that food that you are supposed to eat at Christmas not the same shit I eat 9 out of 12 months a year! I want the baked ham and turkey that makes you tired and pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes........and so on. I was told that if I didn't like the menu then I could cook all day on Christmas, but I was aloud to bitch about the mess. By having this dinner it won't be messy is what I guess he was thinking. HELLO! I am having a ass load of people at my house with lots of food! Just because we are having BBQ is not going to make the mess smaller!!

Merry Christmas To Me! :D

3 comments:

Paula said...

Okay, I agree with you Chris. I will make the freaking food and bring it over if that is the problem. I agree with having, ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, mosticholli (sp). Who came up with this goofy ass menu? Tator is not eating bbq porksteaks on his first xmas

Anonymous said...

Oh quit being bithchy....just kidding. You're right, that doesn't sound like your traditional Christmas dinner. You can always come eat dinner with us! ;o)

Paula said...

Hey, I got maddie in on the gig, she's bringing a olive and pickle tray and a cheese and sausage platter.

Mike's making the ham and I was thinking about doing green bean casserole and mostaccioli. We used to always have that at XMAS.

I was thinking:
Turkey, Ham, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, applepie and pumpkin, veggie tray, cheese tray, olives and pickles, rolls....

whatcha thinking of?