Monday, December 19, 2005

Sleeze Bag Salesmen....YUCK!

I went with Emily to Rhodes Furniture earlier to pick up her new tables, and I decided to see if they had the dining room furniture that I have been wanting. Of course we get this sleeze bag salesman that really was a total & complete loser! Anyway I found my furniture!! It had a price of $1498.99. So he made me an offer of $890.00 then $849.00 then $825.00. That is the final offer. I really like this set buuuutttttttttttt.......There is small chunk off wood missing, a deep scratch about 5 inches long on the table top, and another scratch about the same size on one of the chairs. There is a sticker on the table that says this table is the only one they have and the salesman told me to just use a sander on the area where the small chunk is. I tell him I will have to talk to my husband.....meanwhile I am thinking hmmmm......I didn't even get told Happy Birthday 2 months ago, Christmas is in a week and our 14 wedding anniversary is in 2 months. What a great all in one gift....a solid wood dinette set with 8 chairs. (My $300.00 dinette set I have now is falling apart and is also about 13 years old. My thinking is out with the old and in with the new! So anyway, I am waiting in the front of the store for Emily when I see some more dinette sets, so I might as well go look, guess what I found? The exact same set with the same sticker that says it is the only one they have, the only thing is that this one is in perfect condition....hmmmm...now I am really thinking(I know it can be scary) I can't get sleeze bag to help but have another salesman who is more than wiling to talk to me. I explain the other table and tell him the other offers, and he tells me he can give it to me for $749.00, Meanwhile I am thinking they only have 9 days left before they are completely out of business and I wonder if I showed up with 6 $100 bills would they take it? I think they would. Now I just have to get my husband involved! I am going to need ALOT of luck. Emily used her cell phone and took pictures of it. They don't even show how neat this set is.

No comments: