Wednesday, November 29, 2006

To pug or not to pug, that is the question.

Everyone knows about the whole Jack thing going on, so we have talked about getting another dog. I already know what I want, told Bill, he said he didn't care. So I searched between Missouri,Illinois, & Kansas. Finally found one that was in our price range and the age I was looking for. Now Bill has decided that he doesn't want a small dog, he wants a big dog. I am thinking that a small dog would be a nice change. I get tired of middle of the night accidents that are bigger than my dishes!! We would love to have an English Bulldog, and seems to be the only breed that we agree on, but the cheapest I can find is $800.00, and those are far & few in between. So who knows what we will do, but my thinking is that if I can't have a small lap dog then the next best thing would be to get another kitty!! HEHEHE!!

How Cute!!







English Bulldog


6 comments:

Jen said...

Ok, here's the deal. Go to the SPCA or Humane Shelter or whatever is in St. Peters. Find a puppy mutt, pay $50 and bring it home in a week. We have gotten ALL of our animals this way (excpet the hamster) and, you know our dogs, we've had great luck. Get a lab mix, they are great with kids, love everyone and they are smart!!! English bulldog is cute, but UGH!!!! the price alone is insane......

GET a MUTT!!!! The shelters ALWAYS have new litters of puppies.... $50....and they "fix" them for you....... MUTT!!!

Chris Johnson said...

We tried the mutt thing several times. I have no tolerance for dogs that bite!

Nichole said...

Get a Puggle! Theyre midsized - it'll give Bill a "mans dog" beagle and you your pug!

http://www.puggle.org/gallery.asp

Just a thought...

P.S. Since I've been out of the loop, I don't know whats goin' on with Jack?

NiK

Jen said...

get a puppy Chris and train it!!!! our dogs don't bite, if they ever bit they would be GONE!!!!

Dr. Mike said...

I bite dogs back.. "That'll learn 'em!"

Good luck on your quest for another pooch. Maybe you'd consider a stuffed animal.. They don't bite, shit, or hump other male dogs...

BTW, you're blogger picture kind of creeps me out.

Karen said...

I got my dog from the St. Charles Humane Society and she is the best dog I have ever had. She was even house trained when I got her.

Pugs are cute but a friend at my work has one and she loves it but I wouldn't get one.

They have to have surgery on there noses when they are little so they can breath the right way. That is extra money right there. Also hers has to have dog food she can only buy from the vet which is really expensive becuae he get acne that bleeds so bad. He is alergic to most dog foods. Her vet said that lots of pugs are that way.

But you never know what you're going to get. You could get the least aggresive dog breed in the world and it could still turn on you one day :(


I also don't know exactly what happened or is going on with Jack but I get the idea. I'm so sorry.

Good Luck! I'll pray for ya.
You know how I love animals.