Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Did you know.............

  • In the 1400's a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no bigger than his thumb. Hence we have the 'rule of thumb.'

  • Many years ago in Scotland a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentleman Only Ladies Forbidden' and thus the word Golf entered the english langauge.

  • Coca Cola was originally green.

  • Intelligent people have more zinc & copper in their hair. (I would love to test Dave & Violets hair!)

  • Most boat owners name their boat Obsession.

  • A woman invented bulletproof vest, fire escapes, windshield wipers, & laser printers.

I thought those were kind of interesting!!


Speaking of windshield wipers, I had new ones put on when my car was in the shop. OMG!!! I can actually see out of my windshield again. Also at $25.00 each they better work good!!! Gotta love those dealer only parts.


R.I.P. Heath Ledger




I thought he was a great actor and really enjoyed his movies.

No comments: