Thursday, November 08, 2007

Painting update

Our new bedroom & closet are done. I have a few touch ups to do & I have to finish the nightstands, but we are moving in tonight. Bill also has to get all of the new baseboards yet. It looks great!!

Finally I realized the secret to painters tape last night! You have to take it off while the paint is still wet. Even if your painting is a 2 day project. I had left the tape on from the first night, and pulled it off last night. I was not happy when it pulled of!!! I have torn paint all along the one door now, and it looks like crap! I am not happy about this at all. Now I have to go through and fix it all.

I also realized that the former owners are total & complete idiots!!!! I don't even know where to start with all the stupid stuff they did!!! Lets see first thing! When they finished this side of the house, they must have finished it as one big room, they even had baseboard up, then they must have decided to put of the dividing wall, the reason I think this is because the baseboard is stuck into the wall where the partial wall meets one of the main walls. I could go on & on. But lucky for you I won't!

I knew the carpets were dirty but you really realize how bad they are when you move all the furniture out of a room. HOLY CRAP!!! They look bad. The problem is we could rent one, but we need it for about 2 weeks. I have to go to the store later, so I am going to look into it.

Gotta go paint the nightstands! Have a great day!

No comments: