Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Teenagers UUGGGHHH!!!

Yesterday was not a good day for my teen!! It started off with a fight between her & me. I was getting ready to take her to the bus stop, and she put on a hoodie sweatshirt and started for the door. I told her to put on a coat. Her response is that the zipper is broke, so I told her to wear a different one, she has 3!! Then she told me she can't because it won't fit in her locker. My response is I don't care, put on a coat!! NOW!! She tried arguing some more and that is when I started to yell and told her that I told her to put on a coat end of discussion! So now she is mad and ready to cry. Then I asked her that I bet if I took her to school today that I would see at least 1 kid wearing a coat, she says no I won't nobody wears a coat! Now I am really starting to get mad cause we are still fighting about the coat issue...........So I told her to put on her coat, that I am taking her to school. If I count at least 10 kids with coats on then she is losing her big bedroom. Well now she has decided the fight is over. She does NOT want me to take her to school, and she is going to put on a coat.

Score: Mom 1
Teen 0


I come home from work last night, and there is a smell in my house that is REALLY bad! Someone has been cooking, and that food that was cooked is not edible!! Kayla decided to make toast. In the microwave! She set it for 10 minutes!! So I opened some windows, turned on the attic fan (to suck the smell out, along with all the heat) and got out the febreeze. After about ten minutes and now a reeeeaaaalllllllyyyy cold house, the smell is not so bad.

Fast forward approx. 1 hour.

The smell is really bad again!! So I open the microwave(bad idea). It is brown inside, and the smell that comes out is ready to make me yak! I told Kayla that she needs to clean the microwave. (I can feel another fight coming) Her response, I did. Really I say as I am spraying a cleaner inside of it!! I tell her to look at the cleaner turning brown and running down the walls of the microwave!! I don't feel like fighting, so I clean the microwave, twice. The smell is stuck, it is not leaving!!! So I close the microwave. Time for a new one is my thinking, while I try to help the smell in the house again!!!

Fast forward approx. 1-2 hours.

Bill comes in and makes some soup, puts it in the microwave, really bad smell fills house again!!! So he throws out soup and makes something else, using the stove top of course!! Now I am sitting here typing this and smelling that wonderful smell!! Thinking it is a good thing that I don't have a busy day today. As soon as I get Kenny of to school within the 1/2 hour, I will be desmelling the house and throwing the microwave out!!

For sale:

*Teenager-great at taking care of house, makes good grades, priced real cheap!! Unbearable once a month for about a week! Comes with free microwave! Please call if interested!!



Have a great day!!




*I wouldn't give up my teen for anything!!!

2 comments:

Jen said...

tell ya what, I will swap you 2 teenage boys that like to fight, beat the cap out of each other and do not, under any circumstnace, like to clean anything......and a microwave.....you can even keep yours micro....I don't need another

Dave Morris said...

I'll take her off your hands but I also want the four-wheeler...